Immunoshop adds one more test to its vast array of diagnostic products for better patient and healthcare management. We are pleased to launch Immucheck TB Platinum (IGRA)- Tube method and Microwell assay for the detection of interferon gamma released against specific Mycobacterium tuberculosis antigens in whole blood.
TB cases can drop only if LTBI cases are diagnosed in time since 10% of LTBI cases progress to active TB disease. Immucheck TB platinum test will be able to detect both a TB disease and Latent TB Infection (LTBI). It has an edge over other age old classical methods like
1. Smear microscopy where in the bacterial load required is very high and thus LTBI will be missed leading to false negative results
2. MTB culture technique considered to be gold standard but requires a long incubation time and thus late diagnosis
3. Weak humoral response makes it impossible to detect LTBI by serological methods.
4. Very low specificity due to BCG vaccination and environmental Mycobacteria and requirement of second visit for TST result interpretaion has made Mountaux Test an impractical diagnostic approach.
Thus , IGRAs play an important role in diagnosing TB disease and infection as it is highly specific. Moreover it requires less time for diagnosis. The test is based on Cell Mediated Immunity and thus not affected by humoral response of the immune system.
The major advantages of the Immucheck TB Platinum (IGRA) test are:
1) Sample type-
- Requires whole blood for testing.
2) Effective results:
- In childhood TB
- In immune suppressed individuals who show anergy to TST test.
- In HIV- positive individuals
- In patients who are on TNF alpha therapy
- In patients with autoimmune disorders
- Immucheck TB Platinum (IGRA) does not boost subsequent test results.
4) Objective ,reproducible and reliable results
- Immucheck TB Platinum (IGRA) is a controlled laboratory test.
- Results are unaffected by subjective interpretation.
- The test is more specific and sensitive. It is unaffected by previous BCG vaccination and most other environmental mycobacteria since the blood is stimulated against Mycobacterium tuberculosis specific antigens (ESAT-6 and CFP10). Thus avoids false positive results caused by TST test.
- The false negative TST results caused by anergy, poor test performance are taken care of by Immucheck TB Platinum IGRA.
- The test is more precise that TST.
- The test does not depend on the bacterial load, done in whole blood to quantify Interferon gamma which is released after stimulation by Mycobacterium tuberculosis specific antigens.
- The LTBI is detected more effectively which can be missed by serological tests.
5) Results in a day
- Immucheck TB Platinum (IGRA) requires only one patient visit.
- Results can be available within 24 hours.
6) Economically priced
7) The Immucheck TB Platinum (IGRA) IFN- g quantitating ELISA plate has breakable microwells.
8) Effective testing
- The stimulating antigens are in liquid form thus allows mixing and incubation effectively as compared to coated antigens on tube walls.
- Conjugate is in liquid form and ready to use.
- Blood collection vacutainers tubes are provided with the kit
Immucheck TB Platinum – The IGRA test method will be a boon for detection of active TB and LTBI and thus for containment of its transmission!!!!!